Yoga can be the best way to get rid of fine lines and fat from your face, and that too chemical-free!
If your face has been perennially chubby, rounded and cherubic, all you want to do is move over the innocent look and transform it into a sleek and sultry one. There are certain yoga exercises that are great for slimming the face, and not only that, but also by training your facial muscles, and making certain facial expressions. You can remove the bags under your eyes. By doing face yoga, which is also called facial yoga (or yoga facial exercises) you will have a thinner and fresher face.
There are a plethora of face slimming exercises to help you achieve that, and here are 10 of them listed for you.
1. Simha Mudra (Lion Pose)
Let’s get started by rolling out your mat and get into position. It’s time for calming but yet powerful pranayama!
- Start by sitting on your knees, or in a sitting position with legs crossed if needed. Cross your ankles under your seat.
- Open up your chest by pressing your palms on your knees. Extend your fingers and straighten your arms as you continue breathing.
- Inhale through the nose.
- As you exhale forcefully through your mouth, make a ’ha’ sound. Throughout the exhale, open your mouth big and stick out your tongue as far as possible towards your chin.
- Return to normal face position as you inhale again.
- Practice for 4-7 minutes, anywhere you want, in your flat or with us in our studio!
Simha Mudra stimulates and tones all your facial muscles. It is one of the best asanas for the face and the thyroid glands in the neck area. It can also relieve tension and stress.
Lion’s breath is not the only pranayama that helps with tension release but also affects our nervous system. To stimulate your through and upper body as you do in this practice also has a calming effect on our nervous system.
2. Jivha Bandha (Locked Tongue Pose)
- Place your yoga mat and sit in a clear area.
- Sit in Padmasana or Sidhasana or Sukhasana and straighten the spinal cord and neck and close your eyes.
- Now open the mouth with a calm temper and turn the tongue and touch it into the palate.
- Under the high practice of this lock, it is practiced to carry tongue in the cranial cavity and then to the throat.
- Keep the speed of breath normal and hold this position of the tongue for 5-10 sec.
- Now close the mouth and bring the tongue in the normal position.
- Repeat this bandha 4-5 times.
Jivha Bandha chisels your face and shapes your jaw line. Along with it, it also tones your facial muscles. This bandha mainly gives benefits to the facials area. And also beneficial for thyroid, parathyroid glands, and salivary glands. Helpful in Pratyahara. Due to the thickness of the eardrum, the Jivha Bandha provides relief in deafness.
3. Jalandhar Bandha (Chin Lock)
- Sit down comfortably in Siddhasan or Swastika or Bhadrasana.
- Keep the back, neck, and chest straight.
- Keep both hands on the knees.
- Take a long breath and stop breathing inside. Now tilt the head in the forward direction and touch the upper part (on the Jugular Notch) of the chest by your chin. While doing so, lift the chest upwards so that the chin can easily touch the chest. Hold this position according to your stamina.
Jalandhar Bandha shapes your face and tones your facial and jaw line muscles. It is a boon for people with double chins as the exercise is very effective in getting rid of them. This bond is very beneficial for the thyroid and parathyroid glands. By doing this, the brain gets relief. It removes mental depression, anxiety, anger, irritability.
4. Fish Face
Simply suck in your cheeks and lips, like we use to do as kids to form a fish face, now try smiling, hold the posture for 5 seconds, you will feel the burn in your cheeks and jaws. Now relax and again repeat it 15 to 20 times at a stretch for best results.
Fish face tones and stretches your cheek muscles. It makes your cheeks less flabby and your face sleek.
5. Mouthwash Technique
As the name suggests, all you’ve got to do is to fill up your mouth with air and transfer it from one corner to another the way you do while rinsing your mouth with water in the morning. Continue the procedure for 20-30 seconds, relax, and repeat.
Mouthwash technique tones your cheeks and keeps double chin at bay.
6. Cheek Uplift
- Sit comfortably and smile as wide as you can.
- Now place the index and middle finger of both your hands on both the cheeks.
- With the help of your fingers, lift your cheeks towards your eyes.
- Hold it there for a few seconds and relax.
- Repeat the exercise a couple of times.
Cheek Uplifts are perfect for your cheekbones, reducing the fat in them and toning your face to make it look younger.
7. Chin Lift
- Sit or stand comfortably. Now, tilt your head upwards towards the ceiling and your eyes following the same.
- Tighten your lips and protrude them forward as if trying to kiss the ceiling.
- Hold on to that for a couple of seconds and release.
- Repeat the same a few times.
Chin lift will get rid of your double chin and stretches your jaw, throat, and neck.
8. Neck Roll
- The most simplest for any kind of neck stiffness is rotating of the neck .
- Seated in Siddhasana, bring the arms stretched out on the knees and begin with breathing the rotation of the neck slowly trying to touch the jaw bone with the shoulder blade in the clockwise direction. Inhale as you take the neck sideways and exhale taking it upwards and inhale once again bringing it sideways and exhale bringing it to the chest.
- Bring the clockwise direction for about two rounds with 4 breaths and go slow keeping the eyes open.
- Begin the anti clockwise direction, taking it deeper for about two rounds in 4 breaths.
- Relax from the rotation and bring the neck to the centre and close your eyes and relax the muscles with slow breathing.
Rolling your neck is the most effective way to get rid of a double chin. It tones your chin, jawline and neck muscles. It tightens the skin of your neck and reduces sagging of the skin and wrinkles.
9. Lip Pull
- Sit comfortably and tighten your chin as if pulling it upwards against gravity.
- Hold the position till you feel the stretch in your neck.
- Release it gradually while breathing from your nose.
Lip Pull tones your facial muscles and gives you high cheekbones and a prominent jawline. It makes you look younger. This not only will take care of fine lines around your lower half of the face, it’ll also make you get rid of the double chin.
10. Blowing Air
- Sit on a chair with your spine straight, tilt your head back as much as you can so that you face the ceiling, pucker your lips and blow out air from your mouth.
- Continue for 5 to 10 seconds and relax. Repeat it 15 to 20 times at a stretch for best results.
Works the facial and neck muscles. Help reduce double chin and gives you a natural face lift and a leaner appearance to your face.