Benefits Of DIY Frankincense Anti-Aging Cream
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense is an antiseptic and disinfectant agent that has antimicrobial effects. It has the ability to treat acne or pimples and prevents future ones. It regenerates new skin cells at a faster rate which ultimately heals scars, wrinkles, stretch marks and even pregnancy marks. Frankincense oil lightens dark spots and exfoliates dead skin cells. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it heals and rejuvenates skin.
Shea Butter has shown to be a superb moisturizer, with exceptional healing properties for the skin. It is an all natural healing Vitamin A cream and Vitamin A is very important for many skin conditions including wrinkles, acne, blemishes, and eczema.
The rosehip oil has anti-aging benefits due to its antioxidant property. It is high in vitamin A and Vitamin C which are the perfect nutrients needed to remove fine lines and wrinkles.
Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, linoleic acids, and essential omega fatty acids which repairs and hydrates the skin. This oil makes an excellent moisturizer with anti-inflammatory qualities for red, reactive skin.
Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium essential oil is one of the most potent and trustworthy essential oils when it comes to fighting signs of aging, wrinkles and puffy eyes.
- Make sure that your blender or immersion blender, bowl, and all utensils are very clean when you make this. If they’re not fully sanitized, then your cream can grow bacteria or mold. Clean everything with hot soapy water, then swab with rubbing alcohol or vinegar and let air dry.
- Melt shea and cocoa butter using a double boiler system. When the butter has melted, add argan oil and rosehip oil in the melted butter and mix well.
- Let this mixture cool until it’s room temperature. It should look creamy, thick and opaque, but don’t let it get solid.
- Now, add all essential oils and vitamin e oil in the bowl and whip it on high speed until it becomes fluffy and creamy.
- It will take about 5 to 10 minutes or more for everything to fully incorporate.
- Now, transfer to an airtight jar. Store in a clean and dry place.
How To Apply
- Apply it twice a day on a cleansed face or wherever you want on the skin.
- It contains essential oils so do a patch test before applying it.
- You can store this cream for 3-4 months(depends on the weather) and keep it away from direct sunlight.